A deposit of 50% will secure your booking, with the balance due 40 days before the start of your tour.
2. Cancellations, refunds and transfers
We advise that you take out trip cancellation insurance at the time of booking. Should you be unable to proceed with your tour for any reason you should inform us immediately. Our cancellation and refund policy for all bookings is as follows:
- If you cancel more than 60 days before the tour start date, your deposit is forfeit.
- If you cancel between 60 and 40 days before the start date of your tour, you have the option of forfeiting your whole payment, or losing your deposit only, and re-booking to a different date in the current season.
- If you cancel less than 40 days before the start of your tour, all payments are forfeit.
- No refunds are given for services not used during your tour.
- In the unlikely event that we have to cancel your tour for any reason, we will refund all money paid to us for your tour.
3. Risks and liabilities
Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realise and accept the risks associated with bicycle travel, and that you are fit and medically able to undertake this type of activity.
4. Itinerary changes
We reserve the right to make changes to your itinerary. Should this be necessary we will do our utmost to ensure that any such changes do not substantially alter the nature of the tour, alternatives offer will be of a similar standard.
We cannot guarantee the condition or accessibility of routes, since they follow public roads and cycle paths that are subject to road works, diversions, landslips etc. It is your responsibility to seek out suitable and safe alternatives should the marked route be closed or the surface be unfit for safe cycling.
GrassRoutes accepts no liability for illness/injury suffered by you or loss/damage to your property during the tour. You should have sufficient insurance cover for medical expenses, personal liability, baggage and personal effects, money, trip cancellation and delayed departure. Travel insurance should be arranged at the time of booking.
7. Bicycle rental conditions
Electric bicycles are offered for rental only to those over 18. Hybrid and children’s bicycles can be hired by all ages.
Bicycles are rented out subject to availability and on the condition that the hirer assumes responsibility for the bicycle during the rental period. If you rent a bicycle, we will ask you to complete a rental agreement and provide a credit card swipe that will be used in the event of damage to the bicycles or theft.
8. Queries and Complaints
We will to respond to email and telephone queries concerning your tour within 48 hours.
If you have a problem during your tour, please contact the GrassRoutes numbers provided at the start of your tour. Please note, some of our tours take you to areas with limited mobile phone coverage. However, should you fail to return at the agreed time, we will endeavour to find you!
• Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear for a bicycle tour, we advise participants to take a light jacket or raingear in the event of rainfall and avoid wearing flipflops or unsecured footwear.
• Panniers will be provided for your items whilst touring. It is your responsibility to ensure your items are safe at all times.
• Remember to bring your camera to capture this remarkable experience!
• Electric bicycle user must be 18 or over.
• Please carry a mobile (cell) phone with you when touring to ensure you can contact us and we can contact you in case of emergency. Should you be in an area of poor coverage, we will endeavor to contact or find you.
• We accept cash and EFT as forms of payment.
• Tours are scheduled to make the most of your day, to ensure the smooth departure and running of the tour we do ask our customers to make note of the departure and final arrival times. We ask everyone to assemble for their tour a minimum of ten minutes before our scheduled time of departure and return to the last point of assembly ten minutes before the tour ends.
• We will ask you to complete a booking form before you start your tour.
• We would ask all users of our bicycles to ensure they are cycled and parked safely and correctly and returned to GrassRoutes in the same condition they were issued to you. If you have any concerns with your bike please make a member of the GrassRoutes team aware of it.
• Our main objective is for you to have a great experience on your GrassRoutes tour, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or queries you may have before you travel with us or when on one of our tours.